Stephen Brayton 33
- Born: Jun 2, 1807, Ellis's Scenery, Lower Canada
- Marriage: Catherine Coleman on Nov 27, 1831 in South Bend, St. Joseph Co, IN
- Died: May 16, 1882, Illinois City, Rock Island County, Illinois at age 74
Mr. Brayton was an early settler at Scipio Township, La Porte County, IN, in 1831. He voted in the first county election on April 9, 1832. He also voted in the first presidential election in that county. He was elected as one of the first petit jurors in the county. In 1836, Mr. Brayton moved his family to Buffalo Prairie Township, Rock Island County, IL. And there, he bought 160 acres of land and became a member of a local Baptist church.
He & son Stephen resided on sec 17, Buffalo Prarie twp.
- IL land records Rock Island, IL (4)
- Biographical Record of Rock Island Co, IL, S. J. Clarke Pub Co., Chicago, 1897.
Stephen married Catherine Coleman on Nov 27, 1831 in South Bend, St. Joseph Co, IN. (Catherine Coleman was born on Nov 11, 1813 in York County, Pennsylvania and died on May 11, 1908 in Illinois City, Rock Island County, Illinois.)